IPL 2022: Teams and Venue for all Matches in India
The 15th edition of the Indian Premier League, IPL 2022 is going to be very entertaining and cricket fans are very excited about it. Till now keeping in mind the covid-19 pandemic situation the matches will be played in India. Last year the matches were played in the UAE because of the bad situation of covid-19 in the country. Hence, in this post, we are giving you the information regarding IPL teams and different venues in India according to the year 2021 IPL.
IPL 2022 – Teams
In this season of IPL, there will be a total of 10 teams. These are given below:
- Chennai Super Kings
- Punjab Kings
- Mumbai Indians
- Delhi Capital
- Kolkata Knight Riders
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Rajasthan Royals
- Lucknow Super Giants
- Gujarat Titans
IPL 2022 – Venues
1. Inderjit Singh Bindra Stadium:
The Inderjit Singh Bindra Stadium of Punjab Cricket Association is situated in Mohali, Chandigarh. It is widely known as the Mohali Stadium and was constructed by Geetanshu Kalra who is from Ambala as well as is home ground to the Punjab Team. In the construction of this stadium, approximately 25 crores were spent in three years. The construction of IS Bindra Stadium was done by the R.S construction company and Ar. Khizir and associates, Panchkula. In India, this stadium is the 19th, as well as the new test cricket venue, and the first match was played here in the year 1994.
IS Bindra Stadium has a sitting capacity of 26950 and in 2009 First T20 International match was played here. The ticket prices of this stadium fixed for 2021 are as follows:
- Starting rates: 950 INR
- Highest rates: 8500 INR
- Other Rates: 1300, 2500, 3000, 3500, and 7500
The different stadium stands in this stadium are named below:
- AC Lounge
- Chair Block
- Student Block
- North Pavillion
- PCC Members Block
2. Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium:
Formerly known as Visaka International Stadium, Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium is situated in Hyderabad. It is also known as Uppal Stadium as it is located in Uppal, which is an eastern area of the city. This stadium is the home ground of the Indian Premier League franchise Sunrisers Hyderabad and Hyderabad Cricket Association. It is named after Rajiv Gandhi who was a former Prime Minister of India and here the IPL 2019 was played.
Important information about Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium is as follows:
- Capacity – 55,000 people
- Extends across 16 acres with two Ends: Pavillion End and North End
- Floodlights are mounted on 6 towers for day and night cricket matches
- Architect: Shashi Prabhu
- Tenants: Hyderabad cricket team, Indian Cricket Team, Sunrisers Hyderabad
3. Barsapara Cricket Stadium:
Located in Guwahati, Assam Barsapara Cricket Stadium may host IPL matches this season too. This stadium is officially known as Dr. Bhupen Hazarika Cricket Stadium and is popular as the Assam Cricket Association Stadium. This stadium was inaugurated in the year 2017 and the first International Cricket Match was played between India and Australia. Moreover, Barsapara Cricket Stadium is the 49th International Cricket Venue in India and was built with a project cost of Rs 2300 crore.
Some of the features of Barsapara Cricket Stadium are as follows:
- Seating capacity – 40,000 spectators
- Has an indoor practice wicket
- Swimming Pool
- State-of-the-art media center
4. Wankhede Stadium:
Wankhede Stadium is one of those stadiums in India which is very popular. This famous stadium is located in Mumbai and is home to the IPL franchise MI (Mumbai Indians). The team mostly plays their home matches in Wankhede Stadium and this was established in the year 1974. Moreover, Wankhede Stadium has the honor to host various prominent cricket matches such as Cricket World Cup Final in the year 2011. The ticket price for IPL 2022 at this stadium is yet to be announced but it generally starts from a minimum of Rs. 800 to maximum Rs. 8800.
Some more information about Wankhede Stadium is given below:
- Owner: Mumbai Cricket Association
- Established year: 1974
- Flood Lights: Yes
- Seating capacity: 33,108
- It has a VIP box also. For the VIP box, there are no tickets and one can go there to watch a match through the invitation. The invitation can be received from either a celebrity friend or somebody from PepsiCo.
5. Sawai Mansingh Stadium:
The Sawai Mansingh Stadium is located in Jaipur, Rajasthan, and is an exclusive cricket stadium. This stadium is the home of the IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals (RR) and is named after Sawai Man Singh II. It is also known as the SMS Stadium was built in 1969. In 1983, the first One Day International match was played in this stadium between India and Pakistan.
Some facts and features of Sawai Mansingh Stadium are as follows:
- Operator: Rajasthan Cricket Association
- Tenants: Rajasthan cricket team, Indian Cricket Team, Rajasthan Royals (2008 -15, and 2018 to present), AU Rajasthan (2019 to Present)
- Floodlights: Yes
- Media rooms
- 2 new blocks
- At the Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Rajasthan Royals has named stands after Shane Warne, Rahul Dravid, Graeme Smith, James Faulkner, and other players.
6. Eden Gardens:
This is the world-famous cricket stadium and is located in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal. It is also known as the home of cricket and is counted amongst the well-maintained cricket stadiums. Edens Gardens is the oldest cricket stadium in India and was established in the year 1864. Moreover, it is spread over 50 acres with a capacity to seat over 66,000 people.
Some facts and features of popular, Eden Gardens are as follows:
- After Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad and Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia, Eden Gardens is the 3rd largest stadium in the world.
- It is the home of the Bengal Cricket Team, Indian Premier League Franchise KKR (Kolkata Knight Riders).
- This stadium is a venue for T20, Test, and ODI matches of the Indian national cricket team.
- Kolkata Knight Riders play most of their matches at this stadium.
- Owner – Cricket Association of Bengal
- Ends – High Court End, Pavilion End
7. M. A. Chidambaram Stadium:
- A. Chidambaram Stadium was established in the year 1916 and is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. After Eden Gardens in Kolkata, it is the second oldest cricket stadium and is named after the former President of BCCI, M. A. Chidambaram. Its nickname is Chepauk stadium and was formerly known as Madras Cricket Club Ground. This stadium is the home ground of the Indian Premier League team Chennai Super Kings and Tamil Nadu cricket team. The ticket price in this stadium starts from Rs. 3500 (Economical Ticket) up to Rs. 5000 (G upper stand Ticket)
Some facts and features of MA Chidambaram Stadium are as follows:
- At this venue, the first-ever Ranji Trophy game was played.
- Team India at this stadium registered their first-ever Test win and beat England by an innings as well as 8 runs.
- In the history of cricket, the second tied Test was played here in the year 1986 between India and Australia.
- M. A. Chidambaram Stadium belongs to the TNCA (Tamil Nadu Cricket Association) and it also has the MCC (Madras Cricket Club) on its premises.
8. Holkar Cricket Stadium:
This cricket stadium is located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and was earlier known as the Maharani Usharaje Trust Cricket Ground. It is known by Nehru Stadium as well till March 2001. Holkar Cricket Stadium Stadium has hosted 4r One Day International matches that also include the matches between India and England. Furthermore, in this stadium on 13 May 2001, the first IPL match ever was hosted and is owned by Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association. It is not confirmed yet whether IPL 2022 matches will be hosted there or not.
Some important information about Holkar Cricket Stadium is given below:
- Timing and Tickets: Vary according to the game
- Seating capacity: 30,000 seats
- Dressing Room is given name after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
- Press Box is given name after HH Maharaja Madhav Rao Scindia
- After Col. C.K Nayudu, Pavilion is named.
9. Arun Jaitley Stadium:
Arun Jatiley stadium is a new name of Zafar Shah Kotla stadium. The name was changed in the year 2019 and is situated in New Delhi. In the year 1883, it was established as the Feroz Shah Kotla Ground and is the 2nd oldest international stadium after Eden Gardens Kolkata which is still functional in India. Moreover, this famous stadium is the home ground of the Delhi Ranjhi team and IPL franchise Delhi Daredevils, now Delhi capitals. The price of ticket in this stadium starts from Rs. 900 and goes up to Rs. 5200 per person.
Some facts and features of Arun Jaitley Stadium are as follows:
- Feroz Shah kotla Stadium was earlier known as Wellingdon Pavillion. Britishers built Wellingdon Pavilion for playing cricket during their rule.
- The old name of this stadium, Feroz Shah Kotla is derived from the name of Emperor of Delhi Feroz Shah Tuqhlaq and he ruled from 1351 to 1388.
- This stadium is controlled as well as managed by the DDCA (District Cricket Association).
- It has four floodlights, a 41,820 seating capacity, and about 65 square yards playing area.
10. M. Chinnaswamy Stadium:
- Chinnaswamy Stadium is located in Bengaluru which is the capital of Karnataka. This is one of those stadiums in India that has huge significance as a cricketing venue. M. Chinnaswamy Stadium was opened in the year 1969 and is managed by KSCA (Karnataka State Cricket Association). The name of this stadium is a tribute to the former president of BCCI, M. Chinnaswamy. It is a home ground of IPL team RCB (Royal Challengers Bangalore) and Karnataka state cricket team. Apart from this, this stadium is the first stadium in India that used solar panels for producing a large amount of electricity for the ground. Hopefully, in the IPL 2022, various matches will be played in this stadium.
Some facts and features of M. Chinnaswamy Stadium are as follows:
- Seating capacity: 40,000 people, 2 ends – Pavilion End and BEML End
- 3 stands Corporate stands, Pavilion stand, Executive lounge
- The record of scoring the most number of runs by a batsman is in M. Chinnaswamy Stadium is 534 by Sachin Tendulkar.
- On account of the water crisis in various parts of India, for IPL season this stadium will be using water from a sewage treatment plant.
- The stadium hosted one of its most unforgettable matches after installing floodlights in the cricket world cup, 1966.
11. Narendra Modi Stadium
Formerly known as Motera Stadium, Narendra Modi Stadium is located in the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Sports Enclave in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It is the largest stadium in the world and has a seating capacity of 132,000 people. This stadium is owned by the Gujarat Cricket Association and according to the reports, playoff matches can be played at the Narendra Modi Stadium.
Some facts and features of Narendra Modi Stadium are given below:
- It occupies 63 acres of land.
- In this stadium, Sunil Gavaskar was the first cricket player to score 10,000 runs in the year 1987 in Test cricket against Pakistan.
- In the year 2015, it was demolished for reconstruction and finished in 2020.
So, IPL 2022 is going to start very soon and all the venues given above in the list are favorite of BCCI. But, some main stadiums where IPL 2022 matches can be scheduled are Narendra Modi Stadium, Wankhede Stadium, Eden Gardens Stadium, BRSABV Ekana Cricket Stadium, M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, and Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium. Hence, we will keep updating you about the IPL 2022 venue, schedule, teams, players’ information, and a lot more.